- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Sweet Maui Onion
- 1 Tbsp Original Blend Aloha Shoyu
- 1 Tbsp Aloha Shoyu Da Yaki Sauce
- 1 Lb Clams
- 1 Cup Clam Juice
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Garlic
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 3 Slices Of Spam Fried Crispy (One Slice Goes Into Broth Once Cooked For Spam Flavor In Broth)
- Remaining Pieces Sliced For Garnish.
- 1/2 a Can of Lager Beer
- Warm Pita Bread Sliced To 8 Pieces.
- Cook Spam So It’s Crispy
- Remove One Slice Halfway Through The Cooking Process To Use For Broth
- Add Beer Into Your Pan
- Add In The Cherry Tomatoes And Sweet Maui Onions
- Add In The Clams
- Add Aloha Shoyu And Dayaki Sauce And Bring This All To A Boil.
- Add Fresh Garlic, Paprika, And Black Pepper
- Let This All Boil For About 10 Minutes, Then Add The Reserved Slice Of Spam Stiring Throughout.
- Add In The Heavy Cream And Bring To A Boil.
- Once Well Combined, Reduce Heat And Add Butter.
- Let This Simmer For 10 Minutes.
- Plate And Add Remaining Spam And Sliced Pita Bread For Garnish.
LEARN ABOUT THE CHEF
Chef Chris Mahon is the Executive Chef at Taverna Costera, a multi-use concept featuring a coastal fusion-themed restaurant; the Dragon’s Alley Coffee Co. coffee shop; and a rooftop bar and live entertainment venue with the biggest stage in the burgeoning Las Vegas Arts District. Prior to coming to the mainland, Chef Chris had a food truck on Maui called Shark Pit Maui, which two years in a row made Yelp’s Top 100 restaurants in America — No. 6 in 2015 — and once topped a list of 27 of the best food trucks in America on Yahoo.com. Over the course of his 35-year career in the restaurant industry, Chef Chris has won numerous food awards for everything from his loco moco to tropical deep-fried BBQ ribs, to the crispy brussels sprouts currently featured at Taverna Costera.